My De-Stress Tips
I consider myself a very anxious person. I tend to get very upset about things when they are out of my control (which is funny because Zachary is the total opposite! Must be a libra thing.) I think I am a lot better than I used to be, and I would like to share some of my tips for hwo to calm down when things get stressful.
1. Clean your workspace - a cluttered workspace can lead to lost papers, dirty surfaces or your earphones in your coffee (this has happened more times than I would like to admit). By clearing it off, even just organizing papers into a pile-you get a sense of accomplishment, and that feeling of productivity can motivate you to get that project done.
2. Make a list - There is nothing that I love more than making lists! Many times when I start getting overwhelmed, I like to make lists and prioritize what I need to do. Not just by most important, but also by what is easiest to do. Something that could take two seconds could be another thing you can cross off your list earlier in the day!
3. Take a Walk - when I don't have my outside time, I get grumpy. In Seattle, its not always nice out, but the air is so crisp I've learned to crave it. I try to take a 20-minute walk at least to clear my mind, listen to music if I want to, and give my mind a break. Sometimes going with a friend or coworker is a great way to vent if you need to get some frustration out.
4. I've been using headspace, a meditation app before I go to bed, and it is a great way to relax. Firstly, the guy has a brush accent stop that's pretty soothing to begin with. Secondly, is Ali about being aware of yourself. Each time he asks you to be aware of how your back hits the chair and how your feet hit the floor. I love being able to clear my mind. I fall asleep during it almost every time!
5. When in doubt, WINE. Now, I don't beleive that wine is equal to an hour at the gym (someone please prove me wrong) but I definitely beleive in the idea of feeling classy and relaxed. There is just something about that fancy wine glass, sitting on the couch and watching tv that makes me feel relaxed.
I hope these help you as much as they help me!